Monday, May 11, 2009

Raspberry Meringue Roulade



Pavlova is one of my favourite desserts. It's so easy to make and can be done ahead. But I recently discovered this wonderful recipe over at Thibeault's Table . It's Pavlova at high speed. And there is less of the crisp crust that Pavlova has, but I'm wondering if I might like this version better over the long run.

It needs to be done fairly last minute - but takes less than 20 minutes to bake, then 20 to cool. And oh my, the soft, pillowy sweet meringue with lightly sweetened whipped cream and tart raspberries. Delectable! I used frozen raspberries that thawed only partially so they weren't runny with juice yet. They were just perfect.

If you compare my photo (a bit blurry) with Thibeault's, you'll notice hers is actually a roulade - mine is more like a quesadilla - folded over. But I think they probably tasted equally gorgeous.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: