Monday, January 11, 2010

Mini Meatloaves with Blue Cheese Filling

This recipe is taken from the Thrifty Foods flyer - slightly adapted.
1 1/4 pounds extra lean ground beef
2 Tablespoons milk
1 large egg
1/4 cup bread crumbs (I used dry ones since the recipe didn't specify)
2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary (chopped fine)
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon salt
freshly ground black pepper to taste
4-6 chunks of blue cheese, about 1 inch square
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine all the ingredients except the blue cheese, in a bowl. Mix well, but lightly. Divide the mixture into 4-6 balls (I made 6). Flatten each slightly, place a square of blue cheese on the meat, then bring up meat around it to enclose completely. Shape into a mini meatloaf. Roast for 30 minutes, or until entirely cooked through (160 degrees on a meat thermometer.
I also made a sauce to go over the meatloaves. No real recipe - sauteed a few onions in a bit of olive oil, added some cream and crumbled blue cheese and stirred until melted.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Oh wow, Lorrie...
Didn't know you had another blog. Thanks for sharing these yummy recipes. Not a very good cook...could you just come cook for me? Would be a long travel for ya though. LOL...
Hugs,
Tara

Keri said...

I could smell the aroma so came to see what you were cooking. Glad I happened in. When you have a little time, come to my blog. I'd be honored to see you there as a friend and or follower. I am now your loyal follower! Keri (a.k.a. Sam) www.samwich365.com