Friday, July 8, 2022

Sweet Potato Berry Salad

 


While looking for inspiration for a salad one day, I came across a sweet potato salad. This is not it. Instead, I took a look at what I had on hand and what I thought might taste good together. I was pleased with the result and want to remember this for the future. The amounts are estimates, and highly flexible.

Sweet Potato Berry Salad

Sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into cubes and roasted with a
             bit of olive oil until tender and slightly caramelized
Fresh strawberries, rinsed and quartered, if large
Dried figs, coarsely chopped
Feta cheese, crumbled
Sliced arugula (rocket) or another sharp herb, basil would be good
Candied pecans (used because I had some in the freezer, but
            plain toasted pecans or walnuts would also be fine)

As a nod to feeling lazy, I used a bottled dressing from the store - Fig Balsamic - but you could certainly make your own. 

Next time I make this, I'm planning to use blueberries in place of the strawberries. 


3 comments:

Barwitzki said...

Oh nice, I'll be checking in here more often... I also like to cook and bake... without a recipe... but inspiration is always good.
Or a recipe for something completely new.
Roasted sweet potato with blueberries, goat cheese, rocket, nuts... that suits me.
Many thanks and greetings to you.

Catherine said...

I always make salads of my own adding fruits and what sounds me that will go together. Your salad is inspiring me , I have sweet potatoes left and blueberries

Haddock said...

Longtime since I had sweet potato.