Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Brownie Bites

We've moved into our new home and are finding our way around a new town. It always takes awhile - each grocery store is different, driving means paying strict attention to where I am, unlike the automatic "turn right" "turn left" of familiar places.

Baking something always means I'm settling in. The children and my parents are coming for Easter weekend, so I'm filling the pantry and the freezer with good things to eat so I won't spend all my time in the kitchen. Cinnamon bun dough is in the breadmaker.

These little brownies are just two bites - just the right size for a rich bit of chocolate sweetness. And they are easy to make.

Brownie Bites

1/2 cup butter
4 oz semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate (or a combination)
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips (white, semi-sweet or milk chocolate)
18 mini cupcake liners (I use my small tart pans for two bite brownies and get 36 small brownies)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line mini muffin pans with paper liners

Melt butter and chocolate. Reserve.

Beat eggs and sugar until creamy. Stir in melted butter and chocolate. Add flour, cocoa and salt. Stir in chocolate chips.
Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.

Bake 15 minutes or just until the tops are firm to the touch. Cool, and try to eat just one.

1 comment:

Martha said...

These look really good and what a great idea to make "bites" --