Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Butterscotch Marshmallow Squares







Years ago, we lived in a tiny apartment in south Texas. It was hot as blazes. I wrote my mother (pre-internet) to ask for some of her unbaked sweets recipes. I still have the folded and stained sheet of paper on which she typed out three recipes for me. This is one of them. 

It comes together fast and requires no baking. The squares freeze well. 

Butterscotch Marshmallow Squares

1 cup peanut butter (I use Adam's brand - natural, unsweetened, smooth - but crunchy would be good, too)
2 teaspoons butter
1 - 12 ounce package butterscotch chips
4 cups colored marshmallows

Melt the first three ingredients together. I use a glass bowl in the microwave for one minute, stir and then heat for another 30-60 seconds, if necessary. Let the mixture cool a little.
Stir in the colored marshmallows.
Pour into an 11 x 7 glass baking pan. Let cool (in fridge), then cut into squares. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Dewena said...

These look delicious! I am a butterscotch fiend!

camp and cottage living said...

Oh, yum! No bake cookies are my favorite come summertime.
My Mother's old handwritten recipes are so special to me now.
I bet you treasure your Mother's too!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Lorrie,
I used to make squares very similar tho these only I used coconut and graham crackers instead of peanut butter. I should give these a try. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Sandi

Dee said...

Your mother's recipe includes two of my favorites. butterscotch and marshmallows so I am definitely on board with trying that recipe. Thanks a bunch for sharing it with us. By the way, I'm glad I found your blog today. I really enjoyed the visit. I hope you're having a wonderful weekend... :)

Sandi said...

Don't take this the wrong way... ;-) But I am glad I don't know you in real life. I would eat all your food!