Thursday, April 15, 2010

Mango Strawberry Salsa


Why is it that fruit and fish go so well together? Tonight we're having grilled shrimp skewers and in the grocery store today I saw ripe mangoes and strawberries. I didn't think of making a salsa until after I got home, but I'm glad I did. It was fast and easy and dresses up plain fish or seafood. Of course, I had to taste the salsa first, which I did with some corn chips. Yum - equally good.

1 ripe mango, diced
4 ripe strawberries, finely diced
1/4 cup finely minced onion (I used yellow because that's what I had, but red might be better)
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced (or use 1/2 for less heat)
salt and pepper to taste
juice of 1 lime

Mix all together. Enjoy with seafood or cornchips!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

the hickles said...

sounds fantastic... do you think tomatoes could be substituted for the strawberries?

Lorrie said...

Yes, I was thinking of doing that. Or kiwi fruit. Or maybe avocado. And I'd put some chopped cilantro in except someone in my house doesn't like it at all!