Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Unbaked Cheesecake

 


I considered some of the things in my pantry over the weekend, and decided to make an Unbaked Cheesecake with a Raspberry Sauce. Some graham wafers were getting past their best date, and I'm using up the fruit in the freezer before the new crop comes. 

This is such a quick and easy dessert; one that I prefer to a baked cheesecake because it's so much lighter. 

Unbaked Cheesecake

1 1/4 cups graham wafer crumbs
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup melted butter

Combine the above ingredients and press into the bottom of an 8 x 8 baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Let cool completely.

1 - 8 ounce package of cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup of whipping cream, whipped to soft peaks

Beat cream cheese and icing sugar together. Add vanilla. Fold in whipping cream. Spread mixture over cooled crust. Chill for several hours. 

To serve, make a sauce with any fruit, or use a can of cherry or blueberry pie filling. 

5 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

That recipe is such a great one and so easy. It's a favourite around here.

Catherine said...

I must make one I had cheesecakes in Dubai and I have a cooked recipe myself but this one is easier

Ruth Hiebert said...

That looks and sounds delicious . I just copied the recipe to have in my recipe box.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I make an unbaked one, too, but it has cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, and vanilla in it. My youngest son always wanted it for his birthday.

Sally Croft said...

It will be another 4 to 6 weeks before we will see blossoms on our trees in OntarioAlso, . Last night I did hear a sign of Spring when the returning birds sung out to close the day.So lovely to hear.